Pages

Friday 26 August 2016

Summer Lovin´ (or not so much)

I´m going back to work next week, after six long weeks off I´m definitely looking forward to getting back into it, meeting the new kids, having a proper routine again, BUT I´m not looking forward to waking up at 6am, having a class full of crazy kids every full moon (yes that does happen!) Or staff meetings (The bain of my life)´

But I can´t help but think that I should be making better use of my summer holidays, last year I spent most of my time dying from the heat, laid on the sofa in my pants, and I vowed not to do that again this year, which I haven´t thank God but I still didn´t do a great deal.

I had great plans, I was going to do Yoga every day (which lasted about a week) I was going to learn French (yeh that didn´t happen either) I was going to write, write and write. I had visiones of me sitting in a coffee shop with my laptop every day writing THE book, you know THE Book, the one that we all have inside, that everyone says they´re going to write one day... One day...

Well so what did I do... We had a week in Portugal, which was incredibly beautiful, but I actually have no idea what i´ve done with the other five weeks of my time, cleaning, cooking, sitting in my husband´s office scouring pinterest for recipes and house decorating ideas most likely.

The trouble is that in Madrid in July and August, the heat is so unbearable that everyone leaves. Everyone goes to the beach. EVERYONE. Businesses close, your friends are gone, 90% of the people that you see in the street are tourists. And because we generally have one week away with the Spanish fam, we´re in Madrid the majority of the time and it´s BORING here in summer!

It´s too hot to be in the street, or in the house, or anywhere that doesn´t have aircon, no-one is here, there´s only so much internet searching and Modern Family watching you can do before your brain turns to mush.

So yes, i´m probably the only one counting down the days before I go back to work, but it´ll probably only be a few weeks before I´m counting down the days until the next summer holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment